Chia (graines) Bio - 500g - Récupération, Vitalité, Digestion
Want to learn more about chia seeds in equine nutrition?
Chia seeds are a super food with a long-standing reputation in the human diet
But did you know that the qualities of this food also make it a supplement of choice for horses?
Interest of the Chia Seed
It is the ally of sportsmen.
But also of the reproducers, the young ones in growth, the weakened animals.
✔ Its hydrophilic properties help the horse to retain its hydration and electrolytes, and promote recovery.
Its nutritional richness is important.
" Chia " means " Strength " in the Mayan language. Indeed, this small seed is a source of many nutrients.
✔ Essential amino acids, including limiting amino acids. They are useful for the production of proteins ensuring the major functions of the body: growth, brain functions, immunity, digestion, tissue resistance.
✔ Minerals and trace elements: Phosphorus, Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron. These play a role in the vital functions of the body, skeletal strength, muscular effort, fertility, immunity
✔ Good Omega 3 / Omega 6 ratio, which helps to rebalance rations containing cereals and/or concentrates.
It promotes digestion and intestinal transit.
✔ The fibers contained in the seed reduce gastric acidity. They also ensure the good health of the intestinal mucosa, creating, during digestion, a favorable environment for the proliferation of beneficial bacteria. In this way, the equine's intestinal flora is preserved.
✔ Chia seed is mucilaginous, which means that it produces a gelatinous substance on contact with water. This facilitates the evacuation of large quantities of food or straw ingested by rather "gluttonous" animals
This food is therefore of interest to all horses, donkeys and ponies subject to digestion problems - ulcers and excessive gastric acidity, problematic transit and colic - since the risk factors are thus reduced
- Dried plants
- % Of the product from organic farming:
- Main action:
- Secondary action:
- Other action
- Health and Fitness
You might also like
10 other products in the same category:
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions Ask us a question
Can we combine several Bio-Cheval supplements?
It is quite possible to give several products simultaneously.
- It is preferable in this case to give the plants in several times to promote the effectiveness and reduce the risks of waste. Nevertheless, if you can only give the dose of plants in one go, it is not very serious.
- You should avoid giving each mixture every other day as this will make them much less useful.
Two special cases:
- It is not recommended to give full doses if you combine several products with seaweed. That could cause an overdose of iodine. Example: Podomix + Lactamix
- If you buy a pure plant and a mixture of plants, it is necessary to make sure that the pure plant does not already appear in the composition of the mixture.
Faut-il donner les plantes en cure ou à l'année ?